Many people don’t realize it, but firing up the grill and doing a little barbecuing is one of the best ways to eat healthy. Low-fat meat combined with vegetables combined with flavor from the grill all adds up to low-calorie, low-fat fare that’s as great-tasting as it is good for you.
Here’s a look at five healthy grilling recipes that are sure to tickle your taste buds:
- Pork and vegetable kebabs. It involves lean pork chops, zucchini, squash and cherry tomatoes–all cut up, put on skewers and grilled to perfection.
- Soy-Lime scallops with leeks. If seafood is your thing, you can’t go wrong with a pound of scallops combined with some soy sauce, vinegar and baby leeks.
- Skirt steak with chimichurri sauce. Grilling and red meat go together like … grilling and red meat. Try this recipe for something lean and mean.
- Grilled vegetables with Romesco sauce. The vegetables are the star of this simple, low-calorie meal.
- Spicy fish kebabs. The fish and the vegetables are great, but it’s the sauce–featuring cayenne pepper and orange juice–that really steals the show.
Hungry? Of course you are. And you can get everything you need for a great grilling experience at Ken Rash’s Arkansas.